Friday, February 20, 2009

It falls so easily


It falls so easily sometimes –
the wall around me
I saw you once and my heart
stopped…
until I saw you that second time
you thought I could change your world
I knew you would change mine

We both changed
for the better,
for the worse
We faced the blows of
Insecurity
and tore the masks away;
We walked upon the glass
with blisters on our feet
and now we’re broken
the weak pieces made stronger
for only when the wall falls
can you stand beside me

And my wall has crumbled
in the face of your stare

stone upon stone upon stone
I am weak,
exposed,
unprotected

You step over the remaining stones
and reach for me
I touch your hand
and I, too, fall apart

weaker and weaker I have let myself be
and so stronger and stronger I’ve become

No more walls to be built
With you I am free.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing -e

    ReplyDelete
  2. weaker and weaker I have let myself be
    and so stronger and stronger I’ve become

    That is my favorite part because it took so long to figure out that strength is born when allow yourself to be exposed.

    Breathtaking poem.

    K

    ReplyDelete