Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Coffeehouse

The Coffeehouse

The flame from a match
Seems bigger than me
And lingers longer
Than inspiration
When after a long day
The cold sets in
I go out searching
But always end up here
And I ask myself…
Why?

I pour my soul into an
Empty coffee cup
Watching my life pass by
Wishing I could catch the tail
Of some dream
But I wait, I tell myself
There’s always another ride…

And the stars in the sky
Melt together so that
I can’t even find one to
Call my own
But the night still
Comes to me
Through some cosmic will
And those stars still
Light up the sky
To offer hope

As long as there is still
Ink left in my pen,
Still napkins to write on
Still black coffee to
Keep me alive
Still your beauty to make
The time worthwhile
I will write…
I will search…
I will smile…
And I will find
Somewhere in the night
My star.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog and posting! This one is beautiful and will look great on your wall in that frame.

    ReplyDelete