Sunday, February 22, 2009

and the Oscar goes to...

It's that time of year again...time for the Oscars! Having been a movie buff all my life, the Oscars were always an "event" for me. Although I'm disappointed to admit that I have not followed movies as much in the past few years, I still try to see as many Oscar nominated films as my schedule will allow, if not BEFORE the big night, sometime after.


I have only seen Dark Knight so far this year and I am feeling Heath Ledger for the win. Meryl Streep nominated again? What is this, her 112th Oscar nod? She deserves it but Kate will take it tonight. My guess for Best Actor goes to Mickey Rourke and I think Amy Adams will take Best Supporting Actress...PLEASE don't give it to Penelope Cruz...she does NOT need the encouragement! And Best Picture goes to Slumdog Millionaire. Either way, I will be waiting anxiously for all the films to come out on DVD then I will curl up on the couch with popcorn and my cats and escape in the wonders of Hollywood!

In honor of the Oscars, here are my personal TOP 10 Best of the Best Picture Winners:

10. Ben Hur (1959)
9. The English Patient (1996)
8. Rain Man (1988)
7. The Sound of Music (1975)
6. Terms of Endearment (1983)
5. Schindler's List (1993)
4. Silence of the Lambs (1991)
3. Chicago (2002)
2. Million Dollar Baby (2004)
1. American Beauty (1999)

And the 'best movies that never won but should have' goes to....

Life is Beautiful OR Traffic (1998) instead 'Shakespeare in Love' won
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf? (1966)



No comments:

Post a Comment