Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Shuntae

Thank you for teaching us more than we could have ever taught you!






I may not have the words to say
Or the eyes to see
My brain may not know
What you know.

I may not have the arms to reach
Or the feet to walk a mile
My body can not do
The things you do.

But what I can do
Is smile and
I can laugh
I can feel all
That you feel.

Do not pity the
Life I’ve lost
For look at the
Life I’ve lived.

I spoke with my heart and
I saw with my soul…
I knew all that
I needed to know.

Think of me
When you see
Waves dancing…
Think how I laid
By the shore.

Think of me now
That I am free
And how I’m
Dancing with them.

Think of the times
You helped me see
The times you
Helped me speak

And know that
in that smile of mine
I thank you.

You needed me
As I needed you
Isn’t that the way
It goes?

So close your eyes
And dance on the shore
And feel in your heart
My smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment