Friday, May 13, 2011

Memory





















She was soft and hard

Together.

At once

Stoic and strong--

But one moment

Away from a

Tear.


When I met her

I felt her

Purpose

And I knew I was

In for a ride.

Her eyes burned

Into me

And I could see

Her secrets

But I knew to keep

My silence.


When she touched me

I felt hot and cold

All at the same time…

And I wondered

What moved her,

What made her

Want to Be.


At first so giving--

I felt her soul

Then suddenly

I felt nothing.

She packed it up

And put it away

As I stood looking

Bewildered.


I won’t trade the

Sun of morning

For the pain that

I feel now.

And I won’t trade

Our last goodbye

For our first

Hello.


If only she knew

If only she knew…

How different

It might be

But so it is

And so must be

Just a

Memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment