Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ani



If I could, I’d say it like Ani
Bold and cold with force
No fears
Look you in the eye
No tears
But I am too timid
I am too shy
I am still too weak
I cry
For someone to hold me
For someone to mold me
Into something I want to be
Because I can’t remember who I am
And the cold wind slaps my face
As I try to run this race
But I fall behind every time
I can see the finish line
But I can’t reach it
You have to help me
I can’t help myself
I want to scream
Forget the dream
When you and I were together
In love that lasts forever
That was bullshit
I stop and sit
I refuse to run anymore
What would Ani do
when colors fade away?
I can hear her turn and say
Get your ass up girl
The world ain’t black and white
But a 1,000 shades of grey
And you ain’t giving up
You are going all the way
‘Cause all you got is yourself
And the dreams that wake you
Let your own feet take you
And she’d be right
I stand and fight
The wind, the rain
This haunting pain
In my feet, how sweet
To cross the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment