Monday, March 2, 2009

The Night Comes

A poem I pulled out from the archives...despite by blog name, occassionally I do feel the need to rhyme.


















The night comes once again
Bringing with it thoughts of you
And every star holds your smile
Your whisper in the wind
The moon reflecting from your eyes
The stillness of our last goodbye

I close my eyes to make it last
And dream myself to sleep
And if you knew the things I’d give
To dance with you tonight

If only the stars could hold me
If only the moon could see
If only the wind could sing to me
In the stillness I’d be free

Tomorrow awaits the morning
The moon and stars have gone
And all that’s left is the memory
Of the night wind and her song

Sing to me your passion
Sing to me your pain
Sing to me your sunshine
And afternoons of rain

I’ll give you what I have
My arms to hold you tight
And when the moon comes up
The stars come out
You’ll give to me the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment