Saturday, December 28, 2013

A New Year's Puzzle



As we approach New Years, each of us struggles with the same questions, the same decisions, the same dilemmas: to be “less” or to be “more?”  We all do it in some form or another, regardless of circumstance – we define ourselves in quantities, not qualities.







Examples:

I will be LESS overweight.                                             I will MORE fit.

I will be LESS afraid.                                                        I will be MORE bold.

I will be LESS of a procrastinator.                               I will be MORE organized.

I will be LESS stressed.                                                   I will be MORE at peace.

I will be LESS normal.                                                      I will be MORE normal.

 

The end of a year brings with it some sense of evaluation and judgement.  Did we do well this year?  Did we reach our goals?  Did we live up to ourselves?  How did we fail and how did we succeed?  With the emphasis always on our failures.  The New Year always focused on how we can fix what is wrong with us, make us better, make us something…as though we are broken and nothing before.

The New Year is coming and I wish to make changes in my own life…big ones!  Not because I think I am broken or that I am “less than” but because I want a different experience.  Not one that is “more” or “better” or “fixed”…but one that is real and one that feels a bit more like ME. 

That is the question we should be asking ourselves…not WHAT IS RIGHT or WHAT IS WRONG, not WHAT IS NORMAL or WHAT IS WEIRD, not WHAT IS NOW or WHAT IS LATER...we should ask ourselves not WHAT IS YOU but WHAT IS ME?

What is me? 

Who am I?

How do I matter?

How does my puzzle piece fit with yours?

We should all strive to be the puzzle piece that fits with the puzzle.  Because we all fit…somehow.

 
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY PUZZLE PIECES! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment